Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Borowitz Report - Plagiarized Lines from Bush Book

After it emerged that entire sections of George W. Bush’s memoir Decision Points were plagiarized from books by former aides, The Borowitz Report asked our followers on Twitter to come up with the best plagiarized first line for the book. After a several hours of crowdsourcing, here are the results (and thanks to the thousands of people who contributed):
They were betterer times, they were worserer times.
It is a Truth universally acknowledg’d that Halliburton must be in Want of a Presidency.
Are you there, Satan? It’s me, George.
The past is a foreign country; we need to blow it up.
Midway through the journey of my life, I found myself in a dark wood, because I was shitfaced.
A girl got a pet goat. She liked to go running with her pet goat.
All children, except one, grow up.
If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you’ll probably want to do is talk to Cheney.
Goodnight, Kanye.
My momma always said life was like a jar of fetus.
Follow Andy Borowits in twitter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment