Friday, February 19, 2010

Evan Lysacek Long Program

 
Evan Lysacek, is a skater from Naperville, Ill. He has the age of 24 year. Lysacek framed Russia’s Yevgeny Plushenko through 1.31 points to succeed the Olympic gold medal, being the initial American male to come first it in just 22 years. The previous American man to accomplish so was Brian Boitano in the year 1988.
With two fresh programs that seeped passion as well as showcased care, Lysacek busted a line of Russian power in this occasion. Skaters from that state have become successful to achieve the gold medal on each Olympics since 1992.
Lysacek ended by a score of 257.67 points on the whole. Plushenko, the defensive Olympic champion who had emerged of retirement to fight here, had 256.36 points, which was fine sufficient for the silver.
The three-time United States national champion Johnny Weir was sixth. Jeremy Abbott, the reigning state winner, was ninth.
Lysacek explained:
“I saw that American flag go up and I couldn’t believe it was for me, I’m still in shock right now. I wasn’t prepared for this. Going into this season, I never planned to win the gold medal.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment