Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spartacus Blood And Sand Episode 5

Spartacus: Blood and Sand” is a graphic account of Rome’s most famous gladiator. Separated from the love of his life, Spartacus is forced into the gruesome and bloodthirsty arena, where a violent death is primetime entertainment. Spartacus has to fight to survive, befriend his enemies and play politics in this new world of corruption, violence, sex and fame. He’ll be tormented by vengeance yet seduced by power. But his passion will give him the strength to prevail over every obstacle, in this modern and uninhibited tale of death, honor and endurance.
One final thought: I was describing the series to a friend the other day, and for the first time I articulated something that I realize I should have said a while ago, regarding Lucy Lawless. There are iconic characters, and then there’s Xena, who stands mountains above the rest. But when viewing Spartacus, not once do I think, “Hey, it’s Xena!” I’m just wondering what mischief Lucretia will get up to next.
And that’s an accomplishment.


0 comments:

Post a Comment